Friday, August 11, 2006

Pretty Pictures











I've been holed up in the apartment with a bad cold ever since the visit of Typhoid Amy, who can be seen here cursing my respiratory system. I seem to be recovering after a couple of days of full-body, pain-surging-through-your-arms sneezes and coughing-up chunks-of-lung. Amy, meanwhile, has blogged our days together, leaving me free to do other things.

A few days inside has given me plenty of time to deal with my burgeoning collection of Amsterdam's Prettiest Pictures. If you double-click the first picture, you can run through them with my semi-snarky comments intact. I think Picasa is mostly great, especially for the Mac lovers among us, because Google just issued software that integrates it with iPhoto. The only thing I don't like is that the slideshow puts up the name of the image file instead of my hastily written comments.

On Sunday I'm taking a spontaneous flight to Barcelona, scheduled in a spasm of Shouldn't You Be Taking Advantage of this Taxpayer-Fueled Trip to Europe? Thankfully I've learned to be a light and simple packer. All I need is my chap stick, contact lens solution, and a cold bottle of Evian, and I'm good to go.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't you have to check all three of those items now thanks to the terrorists? Or are Spain and the Netherlands being more lax about security?

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better!
Sending Get well vibes your way!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kris said...

don't forget your cellphone to go with the contraband items - apparently it's an important part of the equation.

hope you're recovered and having fun en espana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home